9/24/2014

Long time no write

Basically, I cannot wait for the Japan trip in November.

It's been a bit over a year since I started flying, and you are probably thinking I am so difficult to please what with my jet-setting lifestyle already. One thing I learned if nothing else, is that company is all that matters. Do nothing with good friends vs. do everything with acquaintances, the former it is for me. Every. Single. Time.

Have I mentioned how useless I feel while I'm in SG? Some days I just cannot wait to come back home, step on familiar soil, be in familiar arms. But when I'm back, I sometimes cannot wait to be away. At least when I'm away, I'm earning money. What do I get in SG? Freedom of time. Invaluable, but also incredibly boring. Not earning money at that too.

Sure, do something productive with all that free time! Easier said people. So many ideas, so lost on where to start. And I could really do with more spare cash. I mean SPARE cash, who doesn't want disposable money? HDB, basic upkeeping, downpayments, bills, financially secure bedrock of emergency money...being an adult kind of sucks when it comes to money.

Being in Japan, will momentarily take us away from the translucent membrane that SG wraps us in (some may argue that the translucence comes from the haze). Doesn't matter a weekday or weekend, there is no relaxation. When the weekend starts, it is the countdown to its end. And it slips away so much easier than the weekdays, don't you agree? On a holiday however, for that few days, everyday is a weekend! Of course, it is too the countdown to its end. But the end seems further, because we are that much further literally. Denial is how we distance ourselves from depression. Denial Distances Depression. Distance Denies Depression. Ah, cynical wisdom is a running trope these days.

Think happy days...happy days.

No comments: